I was recently rebuilding my home lab, purely as a refresher when I ran into a (new for me) hurdle when deploying Persistent Chat.
I had deployed;
- Single standard Edition Server
- SQL Server with Reporting Services, hosting Monitoring and Archiving
I had then decided to update my deployment by adding Persistent Chat to my Standard Edition Server (Collocated)
- My lab was running the most current windows updates and SfB Updates
- I updated my topology to include pChat
- FQDN – SE01.uccorey.local
- SQL Store – SE01.uccorey.local\rtc
- File Share – SE01.uccorey.local\UCShare (File Share)
- Remaining options left at default
- Successfully published my topology with no issues
- Started the Skype for Business Persistent Chat Service
When I then went to manage the service, via the Skype for Business Server Control Panel, I was presented with the following error;
The first area I checked was the event viewer logs, initially the “Lync Server” logs were not showing any issues and were only capturing my starting and stopping of the service.
After reviewing the application log, the following error was being presented;
After seeing this, I updated the permissions, on the MGC databases, under the RTC SQL instance located on my Standard Edition Server and then for good measure, restarted the server – which corrected the issue and allowed me to continue on with my pChat configuration.
Hope this helps you!